What is IBM BigFix?
BigFix for Managing All of Your Endpoints and Critical Assets
You have read about it at length online, in the media, and in our blog posts: security threats are real and every enterprise needs to protect itself. One method of applying security to your enterprise is through securing endpoints, a point of vulnerability or a porthole that, if left open, can expose the entire network to disaster. Please refer to my previous blog post, Reduce Your Enterprise’s Overall Risk Profile, for a high-level refresher on endpoint protection. In this blog I’d like to hone in on IBM BigFix, an industry-leading solution when it comes to securing endpoints and managing critical assets within the enterprise. Let’s look at how BigFix can help your enterprise.
Simply put, BigFix works under 3 premises: Find It, Fix It and Secure It.
- Find It: Discover unmanaged endpoints and get real-time visibility into all endpoints to identify vulnerabilities and non-compliant endpoints.
- Fix It: Fix vulnerabilities and apply patches across all endpoints on and off the network in minutes regardless of endpoint type or network connectivity.
- Secure It: Continuously monitor and enforce compliance with security, regulatory and operational policies while proactively responding to threats.
How Does BigFix work?
BigFix allows you to continuously monitor each endpoint for potential threats and enforce compliance with security, regulatory and operational policies. It even works in remote locations with low or no bandwidth. BigFix works in concert, and eliminates the traditional silo approach. Built on the world’s largest and deepest security portfolio that is IBM Security, BigFix closes the gap between these two groups, giving clients real-time situational awareness of every endpoint on their networks—regardless of device type or location—and the ability to detect and respond to threats with blazing speed.
Real life problems BigFix can solve:
- Better manage distributed endpoints, on- and off-network, and deliver IT services and support users need, with minimal disruption.
- Cost-effectively ensure your enterprise is managing and securing ALL of the endpoints used in your environment.
- Lower the hard-dollar, labor and process costs of managing and securing endpoints.
- Cost-effectively manage the sheer volume of endpoints and devices across multiple new operating system platforms.
- Automate Server Management operations like Cluster Server Patching and Sequenced Server Builds.
- Reduce power consumption costs.
You can’t fix what you can’t see. BigFix mitigates threats by discovering endpoints you don’t even know exist, regardless of OS type or location. If you want to improve compliancy, reduce time to respond, and reduce cost and complexity,while enhancing visibility into your overall environment, BigFix is the ideal endpoint protection solution for you.